|Kelly N., Ellie G., Kate van E., Kaitlyn T., and Maria S. |
(Teammate Kristen F. is not seen in this particular shot. Emily B. was sick.)
Thursday is here, so that means it's time to share three things. These three things are usually just fleeting thoughts, whatever happens to be on your mind at the moment.
1. Daughter Maria, who was an alternate for the post-season cross country meets (i.e. district, regional and state meets), found herself in the starting lineup of yesterday's district meet due to her good friend Logan's injury. Another teammate was absent due to illness. Daughter beat her personal record and even had a sprint at the finish. The girls and boys teams are conference champions and advance to next week's regional meet. I can't wait!
2. What I can wait for is the half marathon in a little over a week. Yesterday I ran 6.6 miles with an aching back, and it was no picnic. Let me tell you.
3. The Urbanna Oyster Festival is this weekend. So is another gathering of teenagers in my basement.
4. (Because three is only a suggestion.) On second thought, I can't wait for the half marathon in a little over a week. It will take me to the Outer Banks of North Carolina far, far away from teenagers and whatever festivals they may or may not be throwing in my basement.
5. I just realized tomorrow's Halloween, and I have no candy for the two (2) trick or treaters who will stop by. So I'll dash out and purchase chocolate that we'll be eating up until Christmas, when a new stash of candy arrives. Believe it or not, candy seems to last a long time in this household. Strange.
6. Referring back to #3 above: serenity now. And pass the chocolate.
Now it's your turn to share three or more things. Whatever you want. Anything at all.
|Kelly N., Logan H. and Daughter Maria|