Monday, February 2, 2009

Virginia Blog Fest


This highly imperfect picture was taken on Commenter Breezeway's property on Gwynn's Island. The imperfection has nothing to do with the subject matter, and everything entirely to do with the photographer's shivering. (I should have squatted down in the sand and centered things better...and left out the top of that sponge at the bottom left corner.) This was another frigid day, and the wind was raisin' a ruckus on the seascape. Speaking of a raucous ruckus, I finally have some news about the Virginia Blog Fest.

As you may know, Big Hair Envy and I are hosting a bloggers' gathering in Mathews County, Virginia, from July 16 - 19th. This event is open to bloggers, blog readers and commenters, up to a certain number that has yet to be determined. While we have not yet ironed out all of the details (see previous sentence as one example), we have started thinking about them, which is always an important step in project management. Thinking is good.

Implementing is even better, but that's not really Chesapeake Bay Woman's forte. However, I did manage to create the beginnings of a blog devoted to the emerging details of said Blog Fest.

It's called www.virginiablogfest.blogspot.com, and it provides an overview of what's happening, information on lodging, registration information, and a list of likely attendees.

If you're interested in attending, please check out the site. Big Hair Envy and I will update it as details make themselves apparent, where "apparent" means "focused on."

There are still 3 more days left to enter the contest (unless anyone wishes to have an extension, and then I am fine doing that - I hate rules and am always flexible with regards to their application). We've had several people enter so far, and I encourage anyone who is interested to participate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think it would take much for Mr. Kitty litter to take your friends on a boat tour of mathews and he is currently off on fridays and there is no hunting season in then he has a boat that hold 10 and maybe your blog reader from the tug will be home too!! His boat holds tons!!!

Mental P Mama said...

Yay! We're going on a cruise;)

Anonymous said...

Dang, you're productive:/

Meg McCormick said...

Is it July yet?

Ellen said...

MPM and Annie filled me in on the fest and are encouraging me to come too. I'm thinking on it.

foolery said...

I am largely packed, other than the Liquid Refreshment Beverage Types, which I HAD packed but then got into them and before I knew it I had a trip to the recycle station to show for it.

Where was I going with this -- oh yeah . . . no, that's not it, it was

hi

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Anonymous - what a very generous offer...I also like the Mr. Tug Boat option. I will definitely be in touch as we get closer to the date.

MPM - I'm working on it, I think we can make it happen.

BHE - No, not productive. I avoid work at all costs, even if it means I have to create a whole new blog to maintain.

Meg, Ellen and Foolery - YAY! Meg and Ellen - I will add your names to the guest list on the other blog later this week when I have more time. Mondays through Wednesdays are nightmares at work for me, plus no internet access.

It's going to be a good time.

abb said...

I'm counting the days!

Unknown said...

I'm in...can I bring my noodle?