The other day I was going through some old photos and found these taken several years ago from the Eastern Shore. We were at one of our favorite places
We're still suffering through cold weather here, and focusing on these helps remind me that warmer weather can't be that far away.
The weekend will be a mixed bag of activities. Friday after work I will drive from Williamsburg to Northumberland for Daughter's soccer game, assuming there is no snow or rain, and there better not be.
Saturday, if it is warm enough, I have tons of yard work to do. I don't want to talk about it, I'm so far behind due to the cold weather, snow and rain.
Sunday Baby Sis will be coming home for an Easter food fest that my mother and I will prepare.
Meanwhile, Son is traveling by himself (via train) to his paternal grandparents in New Jersey to kick off the first half of his spring break. One of the days will include a trip into NYC to tour the United Nations, among other fascinating activities.
So, to recap, this holiday weekend will entail:
- CBW racing all over Kingdom Come after work for daughter's soccer game.
- CBW pulling weeds, hauling pine straw, and picking up several storms' worth of pine cones, limbs and sticks
- CBW cooking Easter dinner.
- Daughter relaxing at home, enjoying her spring break, visiting with friends.
- Son touring the United Nations.
Yep, that sounds about right for this family.
Hope your weekend is a great one. Happy Easter.