Friday, April 24, 2015

Crab Pots


















































I visited these crab pots, which live in Redart, a couple of weeks back.  They were resting up for this year's crab season.

This weekend I hope to do some resting up myself, although I'm not exactly sure when that's going to happen given everything that's going on.  Middle Sister will be in Newport News Friday night, and Baby Sis and I are going to meet her for dinner and an evening out.  Daughter has a track meet Saturday in West Point, which I'll attend.  With any luck a friend is coming over for a visit Saturday evening.  Sunday night is Daughter's basketball banquet.

But getting back to crab pots, these were patiently waiting to be tossed into the local waters.

To read about a crabbing adventure of mine from a few years back,  click here.

2 comments:

Bob Braxton said...

Josephine married Irvy "Mike" Hudgins and they reared their son and two daughters on N. Bayhaven (headed toward Mad Calf Lane). He always had a wonderful garden of vegetables over the decade. One by one his parents died, also her (mother?). Joesphine was from Redart. Raise your hand because I probably already told you (and readers) that the name is a backwards spelling ("Trader") just as "Remlick" is backwards spelling of "Kilmer" - I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree. Something about foreign invasion fear(s) in one of the world wars.

Anonymous said...

CbW...the only crabbing I do is grumble about annoying things; I love the houses on the water there, peeking through the crab pots.
The weekend sounds like fun, if not restful.
LLC