Saturday, August 27, 2016

Boat Houses on Stutts Creek







Last weekend, my first weekend as a new member of the Empty Nest Club, my friend Warren took me on a boat ride on Stutts Creek.







It was a gorgeous day and a wonderful way to keep my mind off the fledgling I abandoned dropped off at UVA the day before.








It's been several years since I've taken a spin on Stutts.  What a lovely creek.









Now that I've survived all the emotions and worries of launching my youngest off to college, I find myself in the unfamiliar position of having the luxury of worrying about what I want to do with my time, with my day, with my weekend. I no longer have to worry about details and schedules and logistics and who needs to be fed at what time, and how many friends will also be here, and do I need to take off work early to make that cross country meet or that basketball game.  When I go to the store, the only person I'm shopping for is me.  (And my cat Twinkie, who is really the Chief Operating Human in the household.)






Chesapeake Bay Woman is very excited about this next chapter of her life and looks forward to returning to regular blogging, among many other things.

Although she usually reserves talking about herself in the third person for unsavory topics, in this instance it's all good.  (She thinks.) 


3 comments:

thomas said...

Twinkie rules. Nice photos!

Annie said...

aha, welcome to a new world.
I will be joining you as soon as the nearly three year old is allowed to join his older siblings at the Montessori school soon.
Looking forward to all the things I will be able to do!

Meg McCormick said...

End of one era, beginning of another. It's an adjustment, but there are lots of good things about it for sure. Fortunately your fledgling has her big brother nearby to keep an eye out for her!