Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year!





It's hard to believe 2016 is over already.









2016 was pretty good to me.







Compared to 2015, this was an absolutely wonderful year. So many good things happened, I'm really going to miss 2016. One of the things I'm not especially proud of, however, is that this blog languished in 2016. Much of 2015 too.

One of the many great parts of 2016 was receiving a brand spanking new fancy camera for Christmas. Opening that present brought me to tears, really. Although I'm still fumbling my way through the user manual, I'll be out and about snapping new photos with it soon.

So one of my goals for 2017 is to learn to use my beautiful new camera and blog at least once a week. I have a few other minor goals that I may or may not get to, but more frequent blogging is definitely high on the priority totem pole.

Although I loved 2016, I'm already looking forward to 2017. In February, I will travel to California for a mini-reunion with a few of the friends I've made through this blog. In March, Baby Sister and I are going on a trip-of-a-lifetime cruise! I cannot wait!

For the few people who still visit this rusty old blog, thank you for your patience as I try to polish it back up and get it back on track. It may take a while, but she'll be good as new here soon with a little TLC.

May 2017 be your best year yet!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I've been a lurker to your blog for awhile LOL I love your photos and your sense of humor! I'm friends with Mama and Annie and Daryl and so on. You are a hoot! Sounds like an exciting start to the new year for you and I know you will really enjoy it! Have fun with your new camera :)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Debbie, thank you for de-lurking! The folks your mention are wonderful blog friends of mine. Happy New Year to you and thanks for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back! I've missed reading my favorite blog! Happy New Year(a little late, I know!) to you and your family!
Trinia