Thursday, September 8, 2011

Three Things

Public Landing, Onemo

Welcome to Three Thing Thursday, where Chesapeake Bay Woman attempts to limit the number of random thoughts she spews forth to three rather than her usual thirty three. Then you're encouraged to share three thoughts related to whatever topic happens to be floating through your mind at the moment.


Let's begin.

1.  The Mathews High School Cross Country teams won their first meet last night at Beaverdam in Gloucester.  They competed against Essex, King William and West Point.  Hopefully this weekend I'll find time to load photos to the cross country blog  that I haven't updated since last year maintain.

2. Mathews Market Days is this weekend!  With any luck I'll be there Friday wandering aimlessly with my camera.  On Saturday Chesapeake Bay Daughter's class will be manning a booth outside Dr. Stewart's old office (the yellow building across from the Confederate statue) to raise money for their class trip.  They'll be selling handmade belts and bracelets as well as baked goods.

3.  If I had my act together, and naturally I don't, I'd be manning a crab hat booth or a Mathews calendar booth at Market Days.  But sadly, with too many irons in the fire, I will never have don't have my act together nor do I have the organizational skills time. However next year I hope to be peddling a book (and maybe crab hats, and perhaps even a calendar).

By the way, I think I uttered those exact same words last year at this time...

Now it's your turn to share three things. Whatever you want.  Anything at all.


License plate on truck at public landing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CBW--you have your act more together than you know--crab hats are a state of mind as much as material headwear, anyway. I have faith that when the time is Right you will be selling the book, while wearing the crab hat...
LLC

BayBrowder said...

1) Boys' MHS Cross Country Score ???
2) Girls' MHS Cross Country Score ???
3) There will be a pet parade Saturday morning (9:00-10:30 ???) at Mathews Market Days....bring your favorite critter.

Deb said...

I'm bummed that I won't be there this weekend; older son and girlfriend coming into town for triathlon in Williamsburg. Kinda have to be here to pretend to be good mother. Have fun at Market Days.

Sooska1 said...

1) September is my favorite month on the river.
2) Missing Market days again, but...
3) My cousin and I are having a girls' week on the river next week. Can't wait!

Maria_NJ said...

Someday I hope to be at Market days peddling something...

I just listed a whole bunch of stuff on e-Bay, I am decluttering my life...the husband and I are both not savers so it makes it easy...I am trying to get rid of stuff, cause once we make up our minds to go I want to be ready...

its raining here again...do I need to start the Ark?

foolery said...

1. I could totally sell crab hats and books with you. Next year. Lemme know.

2. Chas almost burned our fence down yesterday. Upside: the burn pile is gone.

3. Ruined cocktail hour at my parents' house because I saw a black widow behind Mom's chair. I suck as a daughter but would rock as a Discovery Channel Spider Week host.

Dghawk4 said...

1. Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.....preferably sometime next month would be fine with me!

2. Wish I could go to Market Days. Have to work, darnit.

3. Land line is still out. Verizon was supposed to fix it today but got one of those computerized calls saying they can't do it until next Wednesday, the 14th. Boo...hiss!

Country Girl said...

Laughing at what Foolery said. She would rock as a host of that show. If that show existed. Does that show exist?