Monday, December 26, 2011

A Day of Rest




These shots of a heron at Bethel Beach are about a month old. With everything going on here lately, I haven't had an opportunity to wander around the county to take pictures. This week will be just as busy, although in a much different way. I'm leaving on a trip to New York to see some blog friends and eat some good food.

Today, though, is the calm before after the storm, a day of rest and a day of lollygagging. My definition of lollygagging includes wandering around the county taking pictures, if the weather cooperates.

We had a great time celebrating Christmas and my mother's birthday Saturday evening. The whole family (plus Ann Marie, her father, and her adorable little dog who stopped by later in the evening) feasted on crab legs, scallops, shrimp and wine much more. Perhaps going against the grain of most family's typical Christmas celebrations, but right in line with a Chesapeake Bay Family celebration of any kind, there was some dancing involved. And a few hats. In short a good time was had by all.

But I'm really looking forward to resting and lollygagging today.

Hope your weekend was good and your Christmas (for those who celebrate) was great. If you're fortunate enough to have today off from work, try to squeeze in as much lollygagging as possible.

It's good for you.


7 comments:

deborah said...

So glad you took some time to lollygag..I'm going to do that very thing today! Sounds as if you had a wonderful celebration of your Mother's birthday and of Christmas!
Envious of your City trip - hope you have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time footloose in New Yawk ! You have a lot to celebrate ! Safe travels !
LLC

Maria_NJ said...

I survived too, but it was rough, got up at 4am, went to work and then came home and cooked a prime rib dinner, I was over and out at 7:30, but it was nice to get out of work early and have dinner at home with my family....

Your 2 days sounded like a good time was had by all!!!...

I love those birds...

no lollygagging for me today its back to the salt mines...

but then, Tomorrow, Tomorrow...

Mental P Mama said...

Lollygagging up here, too. Cannot wait! Qwah!!!!

Daryl said...

Well I can lollygag now that I cleaned the place in anticipation of your arrival .. if you read my recap of the weekend you'll learn I had company in/out all day yesterday but the place was a mess ... I wasnt expecting company and I wasnt planning on cleaning til today .. done .. off to lollygag .. hey does it involve lollipops and the heimlich maneuver?

Annie said...

Ah, sounds perfect...a wonderful family time, some rest, and then a trip to NYC. great! quite jealous! Will miss NYC.

Country Girl said...

I like that there is another person in this world who still uses the word 'lollygagging'.