Is it Thursday again so soon?
On Thursdays we share three things, but I don't think I have three things to share.
Hmm. Let's see.
1. Friday from 4 - 6 I have a book signing at Dilly Dally Emporium in Mathews Court House. Please stop by if you can, not just for the signing but also because Dilly Dally carries great gift ideas such as Catherine Brooks's new book. Worthy of another post entirely, Mrs. Brooks has a very special connection not only to Mathews County, but to the Dilly Dally location in particular.
2. Saturday from 11:30 to 2:30 there's another signing at Twice Told Tales in Gloucester Court House on Main Street. If it's been a while since you've visited Gloucester Court House, you might be surprised at all the changes. Twice Told Tales not only carries books of local interest but has a great selection of children's books.
3. Saturday evening is the Waverly Lane Christmas party, hosted this year by my parents, next door. I just remembered I'm supposed to bring meatballs and am only now realizing how little time there will be between the book signing and the start of the party. Better fire up the crock pot before I leave for the signing--to the extent that a crock pot is actually ever really fired up...
4. At the very opposite end of the crock-pot-meatball culinary spectrum (not that there's one single thing wrong with crock pot meatballs), my blog friend Daryl has been sending me links to possible restaurants we will go to when I visit her (and her and her and hopefully Maria from NJ) in New York after Christmas. To someone who hasn't spent time in a major city in, oh, ten or more years, the thought of eating
5. The words thank you are entirely inadequate to convey my feelings of gratitude to the community for the support with the book. Thank you for buying the book but also thank you for the kind words in the grocery store, Walmutant, the gas pump, the post office--it's overwhelming, and I truly appreciate it.
And here I thought I had nothing to say. Evidently I had three things to share and two to spare.
What's going on in your world? Do you have a good recipe for crock pot meatballs?