Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sea Farms






Last week my parents took me over to the old ice plant to procure seafood for an upcoming family gathering.






Going to the ice plant, now known as Sea Farms, is somewhat of a walk down Memory Lane for my father, who worked here briefly as a teenager.


















My father has a good rapport with the owner and the folks who work there, and it was nice to see him so animated and happy on our visit.  He's been mourning the loss of his good friend and our neighbor Sidney.




We bought some tuna and several pounds of Carolina shrimp and happily made our way back outside.

(My mother was so giddy, she broke out into spontaneous dance even.  Evidently fresh seafood has deep, positive, uncontrollable effects on this family. Regrettably, my camera was not poised to capture her impressive, music-less moves.)



















It was a very successful trip.


I'm looking forward to the next visit.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CBW...love to your dad...I can see the change in him; it must be so hard losing his friend. Didn't someone mention that they both used to drive trucks for a seafood company ? Hoping the gathering and fresh seafood revives his spirits...
LLC

Bob Braxton said...

Hudgins, only 4.4 mi. to "our" destination, where spouse intends to drive Monday and stay one night (overnight), Mad Calf Lane. Follow-on to annoying drip at the P-trap kitchen sink drain