Monday, March 30, 2015

Brrrrr










Although the calendar says Almost April, the temperatures this weekend said Almost Alaska.









In spite of the frigid temperatures, which made for brutally cold conditions for Saturday's 10K in Richmond with Baby Sis, these backyard daffodils have made themselves known, and they promised me when I spoke with them yesterday that warmer weather is on the way.










Still, just like the runners who couldn't feel hands, feet, toes or fingers Saturday morning, these daffodils have to put their heads down to brave the oncoming cold wind, push forward, and persevere.


















Baby Sis and I managed to eke out a personal best in Saturday's 10K.  With no training other than last weekend's half marathon, we jogged a very frigid 10K in one hour and three minutes.  Could we have done better?  Of course.  Could we have done worse? Yep.

I need to sniff out another race for us to do this spring.

Until then, I'm going to sniff the backyard daffodils and hope for warmer temperatures this week.




Baby Sis and I at Saturday's 10K, cold and suffering in spite of outward appearances.
Thanks to Edward Anderson for this picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two were nothing less than Glam, despite the reality of how you felt and what you went through at the time.

WHOA, Glory !!
LLC

Bob Braxton said...

I wandered lonely as a cloud / That floats on high o'er vales and hills, / When all at once I saw a crowd, / A host,