Last year, I had to look up the definition of "blog," last month I had no idea how to "do a blog," and even today I still can't upload pictures. But TODAY I'M PLAYING BLOG TAG.
A very dear person known as tj (www.humbleorigins.blogspot.com, I would LINK it, but that would require a BRAIN CELL) has cyber-tagged me. Now I must share six non-important things/habits/quirks about myself. Little does she know how difficult this is, because I have FOUR HUNDRED non-important QUIRKS to choose from.
1. My mother, in her youth, represented Gloucester & Mathews counties in the Miss Virginia Pageant.
2. I am distantly (oh-so-distantly) related to WAYNE NEWTON. (I'm as excited about this as you must be. It does explain my periodic desire to be a lounge singer though.)
3. My great-grandfather was a blacksmith (at Flat Iron in Gloucester County for the one reader who may know Gloucester. Oh, I forgot, I only have one reader, and she has no idea where Flat Iron is. Nevermind!).
4. I could eat chips, salsa and guacamole until I EXPLODED, but I can't because I'm over 40 and if I even SMELL chips my stomach expands by TWO sizes. It is a constant source of frustration 'cause I LOVE TO EAT.
5. The school my children currently attend used to be a country store which was run by my grandmother. My grandparents and my mother lived there, too. My grandfather had to sell it due to gambling debts and it became a private day school. Centuries ago, I went there (through sixth grade) and now my children are there. So, my grandparents, my mother, me and now my children all have ties to that building. (Are you ASLEEP YET?)
6. When I was young I wanted to be an Olympic athlete and an archaeologist. I didn't achieve either one, although trying to find my car keys is much like digging for fossils. The morning school routine with two children is also quite similar to college-level athletics, requiring a drill-sergeant voice and marathon-level endurance.
Ok, I'm done. The rules for Cyber-Tag are below. I've achieved the first three and will finish the rest later today after my daughter's soccer game.
Or not, because I very rarely finish a project I start, even though I have every intention of doing so.
THANKS VERY MUCH TO TJ FOR TAGGING ME!!
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website