Wednesday, November 5, 2014

More From Bethel Beach









The marshland on the approach to Bethel Beach is something of a tree graveyard.







Although you can't tell so much in these pictures, there are many trees that still stand but are completely dead due to the salt water.  

As I was staring into the vast marshland, I noticed a heron.















As I've mentioned many times before, herons really don't care to have their photo taken.







And this one was no different.  He was highly suspicious.















He did allow me to take a few shots before squawking and flying away.

Today the Mathews cross country teams travel to Pocahontas State Park in Richmond for the regional meet.  If they do well, and they will, they advance to next week's state meet. Daughter is an alternate on the team, so she won't run unless there is an injury.  Nevertheless, we're all very excited.

I'm still struggling with the fact that it's November already, and, on top of that, the signs of December are cropping up.  Christmas decorations bombard you in the stores.  I've even heard some Christmas music coming from an office at work.

I'm really not ready for any of this.

Dear Universe, 

Could you please just slow down a bit?  The pace is way too crazy; we need time to enjoy the present.  
What's the hurry, anyway?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Chesapeake Bay Woman


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way the photos seem to show the heron in near complete camouflage when he stands next to the gray, lifeless tree. In fact, he seems to be doing his best to impersonate a tree, as if hoping he won't be detected, so long as he stands next to the tree.
I hope Maria's team does well.
LLC

Bob Braxton said...

Bay Woman, you are right - I hear you - The Universe

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thank you, LLC, for your ability to see what I see. Thanks, also for the good wishes. Both the girls and boys came in second, so they will be going to the state meet next Friday.

RJB/Universe-Thank you for listening.