Monday, November 24, 2014

Workboats









Saturday was a fun-filled day thanks to an excursion to the Northern Neck that included pit stops at Merroir and the Tides Inn, where I took some pictures of these boats.







A friend I haven't seen since the days of rotary phones and 8-track cassettes came for a brief visit from Florida.




During the meandering, I was pleasantly 
surprised to discover Mathews County's own Peggy moored at the Tides Inn.















The weekend was great, but it's back to the races again this week.  Tonight after work and my 100-mile round-trip commute, I race to Daughter's cross country banquet.  Tomorrow after work and another 100 miles of driving, I race to Daughter's physical therapy appointment (to strengthen a knee that she injured a while ago). Wednesday I'll put in another 150 miles round trip as I race to Norfolk for Son's pre-op appointment.  Thursday is the feeding frenzy of Thanksgiving, and by Friday I'll be ready for the sanatorium a break.

Hope all is well in your world and that your week involves minimal to no racing.










3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a lucky friend that gets to visit that wonderful place and view those boats with CBW!
Jealous, Shredward

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that with all the things you have going you take time to post this blog. Betsy

Daryl said...

hey .. what did i miss.. sam's having surgery??????????????????????????????????