Monday, December 15, 2014

Confessions

























Confession Number One:  I can't stop thinking about how beautiful Daughter looked on her way to Saturday night's Holly Ball with her date, Jack V.  I don't care how many times I stare at these pictures, I am in awe.  She's beautiful, she's smart, she's funny and she can sink a shot from half court when it counts.  I just adore her and feel so incredibly fortunate and privileged to be her mother.


Confession Number Two: Saturday was the Mathews Christmas parade.  For the first time in I don't know how many years, I didn't go.  On purpose.  I napped instead.  I have no regrets.  There, that's off my chest.  I feel better now.


Confession Number Three:  After work today, I will race to Richmond to retrieve Son, who is returning home for Christmas break.  He will undergo surgery Tuesday in Norfolk to remove bars placed into his chest two years ago.  (Click here and here  for posts written around the time of that first surgery.) Because of all this, I will (probably) miss two of Daughter's basketball games, only because I've not figured out how to clone myself to be two places simultaneously.  I hate missing Daughter's games.  I might not feel any remorse for napping instead of attending the Christmas parade, but I do feel remorse at the prospect of missing one of her basketball games.

Anyway, it is going to be another busy, eventful week here.

I hope yours is great.



5 comments:

Bob Braxton said...

peace - with you and your family

Unknown said...

An Awesome Mom! If your Son is half as strong as you, all is well...

Anonymous said...

Hopefully someone will film highlights of the 2 games you won't be attending. I appreciate all the people who follow and sometimes reply on this blog, and stop by to wish a " Happy Hanukkah" to everyone who celebrates it.
LLC

Daryl said...

she is also a chatterbox .. HA …no she's not .. i am going to miss you this year

Annie said...

She is indeed a lovely girl, and you must be proud of her.
Thinking of you all especially your son's surgery, a busy week indeed!
Hope your week goes well.