Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Seven Things-Part Two
This is a little bend in the road down Onemo. Onemo is pronounced "oh NEE moe" even though some people say that the name came about because they needed "one mo' " or "one more" post office. I have no idea who "some people" are, and it is quite possible that these people exist nowhere except inside my head. Another strong possibility is that I dreamed this, or made it up. But I could swear I read it somewhere......If anyone out there with any knowledge --or quasi-functioning brain cells-- could please clarify this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Below is Part Two of the 7-Thing questionnaire (aka meme) completed by my mother.
Here's CBW's Mother:
Seven Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex
1. Sense of humor
2. Love of animals
3. Dedication to unselfish pursuits
4. Lack of self-absorption
5. Religious without religion
6. Empathy for women
7. Regard for all people of the world as relatives
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. Coffee ready?
2. Husband, telephone, it's a Bubba.
3. Has anyone seen my glasses? ...my pocketbook?
4. I can't remember if I took my medication.
5. Husband, WAKE UP, you're on the:
a)...brink of falling over!
b)...interstate and driving!
c)...lawn mower wearing a straw hat!
(All of these are true.)
6. Before you go, check under the car for my kitties.
7. Who ate all the bread?
Seven Celebrity Admirations
1. Jane Goodall. She is all, St. Jane of Africa.
2. Margaret Mead, lady sociologist who gloried in Polynesian spontaneity.
3. Arnold Ziffle, the Green Acres precocious pig
4. Flipper, the swimming and smiling porpoise, whose great-grandpa coached Esther Williams.
5. Lassie: collie = love = dog genius.
6. Trigger, Blond, beautiful and carrying heart-throb Roy Rogers.
7. Every chimpanzee to wear clothes, and there were many.
Seven Favorite Foods
1. Oysters, stewed or fried
2. Steamed crabs
3. Mashed potatoes and gravy
4. Fish, fried or boiled
5. Virginia Spoon Bread (made with cornmeal)
6. All vegetables
7. All fruit
I just gained 10 pounds writing that list!
- Chesapeake Bay Woman's Mother
Chesapeake Bay Woman's Notes and Additions
I don't have much to add, except I think it is noteworthy that there are only two humans listed in the celebrity category, and no men (unless you count Roy Rogers, although she was really talking about Trigger, the horse); all the rest are animals. This speaks volumes, particularly if you know my mother, which most of you don't. Just trust me, it does.
Also? I can't name one clothes-wearing chimpanzee. I feel inadequate, but strangely this does not bother me.