Saturday, January 31, 2009

Laziness


This was taken from the landing at Edwards Creek on a bitterly cold morning. I like the juxtaposition of the gull--free to take off and fly away any time--and the work boat, which is tethered firmly to the dock and whose purpose is labor vs. pleasure.

Speaking of being tied down with responsibilities (labor) yet wanting to fly away (avoidance of work, aka pleasure), I turn to a few words about my bad habit of procrastinating.


Dear Saturday,

Today I was supposed to publish details regarding the 2009 Virginia Blogfest that will occur in Mathews County, Virginia, from July 16-19, open to any blogger, commenter or reader who would like to attend--up to a certain number (to be determined). However, thanks to that pesky Friday, I was too tired to work on it. When I say "tired," of course you know that really means "lazy."

I'll call Sunday or Monday up right now and ask if I can post Blogfest details then. I am sure it will be just fine.

Finally, I also want you to know that you're my favorite day of the week, right up there with Friday. Take care, and thanks for understanding.

Love,
Chesapeake Bay Woman

p.s. Perhaps readers can use you, Saturday, to come up with an entry for the little contest I am running. If you aren't familiar with the contest, click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Letter #2

Dear Big Hairy Envy,

I will try to send you something today or tomorrow regarding a write-up for the Blogfest, and we can publish the details simultaneously. I broke out into hives today when I realized we probably need to add a blurb to the sidebar of our blogs. I am really hoping you know how to do this, because otherwise I will very likely press the wrong button and delete my entire blog. While this may be a very favorable outcome, I really need this blog to keep me from getting any real work done around here.

Love,
Chesapeake Bay Woman

p.s. Have you entered the contest yet?

10 comments:

Annie said...

Do you know that may be an historic first...first person to address a letter to a day of the week! Well done anyway. A bright idea. Must try it sometime.

Annie

ps My favorite day is Sunday..because then I am "officially" allowed to do no work...or be lazy!

Ann Marie said...

I am still THINKING... did I mention I crack under pressure of assigned content of what I am to write about???

oh dear I am running out of TIME.... I NEED A CHARACTER!!!! I NEED A CHARACTER.. HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME!!!

wait.. Phyl? Still up for doing my homework?

Unknown said...

Such a funny post here CBW!!! I am excited to hear all about details and thank you so much for organizing this. It will be a great event, I am sure. Ya'll let me know if I can do anything to help, okay?

My email is marchar1321@hotmail.com.

Have a relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I'm still trying to figure out how to do a sidebar for the Blogger Butt Smackdown - which will be entering WEEK 5 on Monday:/ I think I might be able to figure out how to do one with JUST basic information.

A story, you ask? There are SO many that I'm struggling to narrow it down to just one!!!!! That's just how we country folk roll:)

Word verification: mingsvar
QWAH!

Mental P Mama said...

That lady at the inn still hasn't called me back....I am going to call again later. I cannot wait until July!

Meg McCormick said...

I am paralyzed about this contest thing. Can't think of anyone so unusual as to warrant writing about, or at least I don't feel able to do so in a way that would entertain and amuse. Still thinking, though.

Maybe tomorrow.

foolery said...

Who tied up The African Queen to that pier?

Karen Deborah said...

You know if I lived where there was this much beauty and had an eye for taking pictures like you do; well, I wouldn't get much done either. In your real life you are a photographer.

Annie said...

Hope you are OK...and that your computer hasn't just died!

Have a photo for you..at

http://annielul.blogspot.com/2009/01/psalm-62-my-soul-finds-rest-in-god.html

Annie

ps There should only be the ONE post/photo to download ...well, besides the little ones on the sidebar...(looks like you might have to paste that into yr browser)..

pps The word verification today for me is "mater"..should I take that as a sign?

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Annie - Some people might think writing a letter to a day of the week is a bit odd rather than bright but I'm OK with either label.

Ann Marie - I know you can do it.

LOTS - Thanks, and hopefully by tomorrow BHE and I will get the details up. I have to work diligently today to make that happen, and so far I'm off to a late start, but we'll get 'er up as soon as possible.

BHE - I know you have as many characters over in your neck of the woods as we have here. Does your sister know any characters from Guinea? (Not that there's anything wrong with Guinea, I love Guinea and all of its inhabitants, and I'm not implying that they're all characters over there or anything.)

MPM - I'll get in touch with her if you need me to. Speaking of characters, she's quite the one.

Meg - I KNOW you can do it.

Foolery - I had never considered the African Queen resemblance...

KD - You are too kind, really. I don't know what I"m doing with my camera, not at all, other than pushing one button and somehow getting the pictures downloaded/uploaded onto this site.

Annie - Loved that photo.