Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Under the Weather

This is Whites Creek Landing in Diggs.

Today's post is heavy on photos and light on words. What words are here have nothing to do with the photos.  Not that that's anything new.

Yesterday I drove the one hour to work in Williamsburg, sat down in my office, and suddenly could not look at the computer screen without getting dizzy.  For thirty minutes I stared out the window at a tree off in the distance; looking at anything closer made me nauseous.

When a co-worker told me I looked like death sick, I marveled at what a coincidence that was since I suddenly felt like death sick.  Her statement was my cue to go home.  That drive home in the rain (and a little bit of snow) was made worse by the need to use windshield wipers, which also made me dizzy and more than a little nauseous.

Suffice it to say, that was the longest ride home in the ten years I've been commuting to Williamsburg. Yesterday was spent in bed and today will likely be spent at home as well.

Now the remarks I made in this post about flu bug germs leaping on me sound a little less like a hypochondriac and more like a fortune teller. Or maybe it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy, who knows.

Either way, this too shall quickly pass.


Anonymous said...

Poor CBW ! Ride it out---even if you might believe you can't remember what 'back to normal' feels like. It will get better, and I hope it will be soon ! Take care of Mama, CB daughter & son !

deborah said...

Oh dear! I had hopes you wouldn't catch the nasty bug...sending warm healing thoughts your way!

Deltaville Jamie said...

Everyone in the house has a cold things going on, I have dodged it, but after my sinus headache last night, I'm thinking it's my turn. Hope you feel better.

Dghawk said...

OH NO!!! So sorry you have the scourge that is running rampant. Both the flu and that nasty noro virus have been in the plant, but somehow (so far) I seem to have escaped it. Hope you feel better soon.

TSannie said...


Country Girl said...

I left work last Friday, too and had to be driven home with what I thought was the flu. Dizzy and sick, nauseous and shaky. Turned out it was too many grapes. I know, I know. Sounds odd, but it's true.

I really hope you feel better soon. Get your rest!!

Daryl Edelstein said...

OY! I hope you are feeling better by now .. sending hugs

AverettLadyNana said...

Mercy Girl you brought me another flood of memories. My GD was one of the founding members. He gave my parents one of his shares of stock he still owned though I don't recall him ever going down there. Not sure how old I was...maybe 10 or 11...after he sold his boat we went out on weekends. The the front was flat back then and there was a window left to the door where you could buy snacks when at the pool. The pool looks the same but it was not salt water back then. The big thing for girls was to get there early to get a spot on the box covering the filtration system in the back right corner by the deep end. Still have a scar on my right big toe in bunion area where I jammed it in the end of the net to scoop leaves and pineneedles from the water a crescent cut that took forever to heal and bled like crazy. Probably needed stitches it was that bad. They had teenage dances there in the summer $1 for members and $2 for non-members. Every teen in the county was there and the comeheres staying at cotteges. Records went to live band. First one was a group from Richmond who had cottage on the Island. Then some local teens got one together and played there.

When I was in college the Islander sold pool memberships and I got one there as one summer for $100. as the filter system was on the fritz at the Yacht Club and no pool...several left the YC that summer and joined the Islander...don't know what it was for a family but I had a single teen membership. Two friends/neighbor families joined there and I'd meet them there and help watch their children.