Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This Old House











This house lives in Redart.










I drove down there the other day on my way home from running errands.










The gorgeous green grass drew my attention as much as anything.










But it's a cute old house.








It reminds me a little of this house (click for the link)  down Hallieford except the door is situated differently.

I'm just glad we seem to be past the worst of the cold, dreary winter and green is finally taking over.

In fact, green is also taking over my house.

I just cut my front yard on Saturday, and as of Tuesday evening it needs cutting again.  All my shrubs need to be pruned, and every inch of space around my house needs weeding--even after I spent the better part of Saturday pulling and hauling stuff away.  I swear it's a full-time job just trying to keep up with the maintenance of my yard let alone the house, let alone anything or anyone else, myself included.

Anyway, for now I'll choose to focus on the beauty of the green, which I'll take any day over the dark, gray doldrums of winter.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~


4 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

Girl I HEAR you! Since I got home from Florida I have been washing and weeding and cutting...working myself to death. I'll take the green too. It's already hot but it;s not HAWT so not complaining. How was your trip to see Meno Mama?

Annie said...

Wow, it changes so quickly there. So glad it is green there now. Hope it is also a little warmer, even as it cools down mildly here.

Your phrase "running errands" brings to mind your running on foot around town, doing all your errands! ;-)

Meg McCormick said...

I, too, am so very happy to see green everywhere, punctuated by dogwood and azalea blossoms this week. So pretty. Spring ALWAYS comes. Praise the Lord.

Daryl said...

the first shot would make an incredible painting … its a gorgeous photo