Sunday, October 11, 2009

Silent Sunday: The Moon



See how Nature--trees, flowers, grass---grows in silence;
See the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence.
We need silence to be able to touch souls.
-Mother Teresa

Summer ends and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.
-Hal Borland

The moon is full and riding high,
Floods the calm fields with light.
The airs that hover in the summer sky
Are all asleep tonight.
-William C. Bryant

You moon the wrong person at an office party and suddenly you're not 'professional' any more.
-Jeff Foxworthy

I'm really sorry about that last one, but I couldn't help it. Being serious is very difficult for me. - cbw

6 comments:

TSannie said...

Ahem...well, just ahem...

LOVE the photo. Let's just leave it at that - LOVE the photo! ;-)

Val said...

so funny thanks :-)
we must appreciate the moon before it is filledup with space junk!

Daryl said...

I am still wondering about the Borland quote ... sadly I am not into long aircraft flights, I mean flying out to LA or SF sorely tests my patience so I don't think I am gonna be flying to the moon BUT wouldn't it be a kick to be up there looking down on here?

Enjoy what looks to be a beautiful Sunday! xo

Mental P Mama said...

I love me some Jeff Foxworthy. I guess that means that you can take the redneck out of the south, but you can't take the redneck out of the redneck.

maria from nj said...

Beautiful capture!

foolery said...

Spending a lifetime searching for that right person at an office party to moon.