Friday, March 21, 2014

Beach







































Here are a few more shots Aaron's Beach shots taken after the demise of my favorite tree, which no longer stands on the little point of beach to the right, above.

In spite of my lack of reporting here on this blog, there's been plenty going on lately, most of which I've not had time nor energy nor desire, really, to write about.

One thing I did accomplish this week--to give me some hope, something to look forward to--was finalize our family vacation this summer.  This will be our last family vacation before Son gallops trots off to college, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

In unrelated news, I am surprisingly excited about the UVA basketball game this evening.  Since graduating in 1986, I've not kept up with any of their sports.  Last Sunday I tuned in to watch the last few minutes of the ACC Championship.  Perhaps because I'm still wound up from Daughter's basketball season, perhaps because Son may go there in the fall, I was easily engrossed and, as I say, will be watching this evening, provided I can hold my eyes open after this long, arduous week.

Have a great weekend.






5 comments:

Annie said...

Love your beach shots, as always.

Hope all well/OK there.

Been slightly busy helping to mind grandchildren...as my son in law has come down with the shingles and is not allowed to go near/ touch the baby, since he has not been vaccinated for chicken pox yet. Just the week that daughter ends maternity leave officially, and works three days at work and two at home!

The baby is such a little bundle of joy. No trouble really, and three year old Miss M is always great company too.

Jamie said...

I was going to wax poetic about that tree being gone, but I should probably save that long maudlin monologue for a blog post. Looking forward to the nice weather this weekend and a chocit shake. Enjoy the bball game. I don't watch much (any) bball anymore.

Kay L. Davies said...

The loss of a lone tree from a landscape is always a cause for sorrow, in my opinion. But I love your beaches.
I hope Son does go to UVA, as it will make you so happy and, as I've probably said before, better than UCLA or UNLV.
I just finished commenting on your mom's blog. Always nice to see her in the mix.
Hugs to all,
Luv, K

Meg McCormick said...

UVA is ROCKING THE TOURNEY!! I'm pretty excited, too. Go Hoos!

Sharon Day said...

I'm finally planning on getting back to Newpoint for the first time since I was a kid and we had the summer home there. I can't wait. My best childhood memories are from Susan and Newpoint area and Mathews. I hope the county courthouse still looks the same. Want to eat crab and feel sand in my toes.