Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Heron













This heron was hiding
















along the shore at Williams Wharf















one day several weeks ago










 when I was down there to go for a run.

Speaking of running, I've not done much of any due to all the cold, snowy weather we've had lately.

However, it's supposed to be warm the next couple of days, so hopefully I can get outside and get moving.

Last night's long drive home from work was made so much nicer with all the daylight still lingering around, even at 7:30 p.m..

What a difference just a little bit of light at the end of the day makes.

I just might survive winter after all.





3 comments:

Annie said...

That last photo is a great one!

Glad it is warming up and getting a it lighter later too!

Dghawk said...

As always. I love your pictures, and I thought you might like a Facebook page called Abandoned in Virginia. It posts pictures of abandoned buildings. Most are in the western part of the state, but did see one from Middlesex, and a few of Rosewell in Glouster. You could set up a page for Life in Mathews and post your pictures to them from there and not your personal page. Your photography of buildings is outstanding and you could really put Mathews on the map. Something to think about.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thanks, Annie. It was in the 70s again today, not that I could enjoy it. Bronchitis-like illness lingers, but it was nice to hear the birds chirping in between my coughs.

DGH - Great idea, I've seen the Abandoned in Virginia page and love it. I just need to find the time (and motivation, which seems to be missing these days) to do just that. Thanks for the suggestion, it's one I will ponder. Hope you're doing well.