Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Denial






























Just as I am in denial that this favorite tree of mine no longer stands at Aaron's Beach, I am also in denial that it is snowing yet again as I type this.  Driving the 50+ miles home from work last evening it started up again, and by the time I got home the roads were already covered.

So, I'm pretending that it is a warm, sunny day at the beach, like the day I took these photos back in the spring of 2013.  I'm pretending it isn't snowing.  I'm pretending I feel better and that my ear isn't aching and my sinuses aren't killing me.  Most importantly, I'm pretending the weather forecasters aren't calling for an additional four to six inches of snow tonight and into tomorrow.

Nope. It's not happening.

None of it.


6 comments:

Bob Braxton said...

Finally last Sunday we made our escape for a week to Atlanta, 625 mile drive one day. Kenya (church) mission partners annual gathering.

Annie said...

oh no, not more snow
you might get another day at home?

stay safe, hope you feel well soon...

Jamie said...

Please keep it down there! Or send it further south or something. I'm tired of frigid temps and snow that won't melt (but I'm thankful I'm not further north).

Anonymous said...

I'm also in denial about the snow today. There's no denying you take gorgeous photos, however. Betsy

Meg McCormick said...

I saw the weather map with your area right in the center... we only got an inch or so here but it was enough to cancel school again because THAT IS WHAT WE DO IN THE DMV

ShazC said...

Meanwhile, we are suffering from 'trench-foot' here in sunny South West France!!!