Monday, February 2, 2015

Tire




































It was low tide at Williams Wharf when I arrived there for a short run Sunday morning.  It's rare that I'm there at low tide, and I took advantage of the opportunity to peruse the shoreline for hidden treasures. Although I didn't find anything terribly unusual, I did enjoy seeing all the green sea grass and oyster shells that are usually covered up by the East River.

The tire was a little out of place, but it was doing its best to blend in.

I'm doing my best to blend in at work and everywhere else even though I am tired.  I'm pretty sure I could sleep for a week, maybe a month, if allowed.  The weekend wasn't enough to get caught up on sleep, even though I took full advantage of the opportunity to take naps both days.

Tired or not, it's back to the business of commuting and work and not one, not two, but three basketball games this week after work.

I hope your week is a good one.












6 comments:

Meg McCormick said...

THREE games?? That seems like a lot! When do the kids do their homework??

We have one wrestling meet midweek and I think it's the last one before the county tournament...

Bob Braxton said...

The middle of 2009 was my most recent day of work for pay; however, being spouse of a Senior Pastor meant full weekends and generally I felt I had to go back to work in order to get a break -- "non work" was more challenging that the work (which I enjoyed). Nice attire

Julie Ferguson said...

Great picture of the tire!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Meg- Maria is also reffing (is that a verb?) rec league games on Saturday (for pay! gas money!), so I think she must be doing homework while she sleeps--and in the shower. I don't know how she does it all, really. Good luck with your meet!

RJB - It is all about perspective, it always is. Nice play on words, too.

Julie - Thank you!

Ann Marie said...

Please hug my daddy xoxo

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

AM- I always do and always will!