Thursday, November 21, 2013

Landmark










Yesterday, in between various errands I was running in the cold hours of the early morning, I stopped in Mathews Court House to take a few pictures.  These are of the Confederate statue on the historic court green.







The statue was unveiled in the early 1900s on what was reported to be a very hot day.  

It was not hot here yesterday morning.






As I stood in the middle of the completely deserted road 
gazing up at the statue, along came a car.

In it was Mathews Mark.





(This photo is slightly blurry because I was trying to take his picture without him noticing.  
It's hard to be discreet when the person is looking directly at you.)


Mathews Mark stopped, rolled down his window and caught me up on his activities, which include a recent trip to South Carolina for his mother's 60th high school reunion.  This conversation occurred like so many do around here: in the middle of the road with nary a car coming for miles.  

Reason #634 why I love Mathews.  

Spontaneous conversations in the middle of the road.

Click here and here for two of many blog posts I've written featuring the one and only Mathews Mark.




1 comment:

Daryl said...

Havent heard/seen him in ages ...he's looking well