Friday, December 31, 2010

Pictures, Part One

Queens Creek, Miller's Cove, January 2010.  I'd name this one "Uh Oh."

Well, the calendar says it's New Year's Eve, even if some of us still wonder what happened to Thanksgiving.

Did we have Thanksgiving? Was it good?

Anyway, it's that time of year to reflect on the past and make well-intended promises of self improvement for the coming week year.

Instead of writing about all that, though, I decided to review photos from the year and post ones that never made it on to the blog, for obvious various reasons.

Enjoy!

Sea Gull, February 2010



Mathews Court Green, March 2010.  We sold daffodils here at the Farmers Market.



Abandoned House, April 2010 



Southwind Pizza, May 2010.  Although I didn't use this on the blog, I did submit it as part of my book proposal and paired it with an old photo taken from the exact same angle.  Speaking of the book, I have a lot of work to do in 2011.  


Mimosa Tree, June 2010.  

I'll post more exciting random, unrelated photos covering July - December tomorrow.

Whatever you're doing this evening, enjoy.


p.s. Out of curiosity, what will you be doing this evening? 
My plans involve a whole lot of Nothing sprinkled with a heavy dose of Lollygagging.

10 comments:

deborah said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year's Eve!

We have decided to stay home tonight. I've always called it Amateur Night, so we will watch the ball drop and make a toast to the New Year from our couch:)
What will you be doing?

Enjoyed the pictures!
And...my resolutions usually make it about 24 hours. I do have a couple I'd like to make stick for the year. We'll see:)!

Jamie said...

It's been one of those days so I'm thinking crazy straw and a bottle of wine. Or possbly a box of wine with a spout perched above my open mouth... but prior to that, I will be going for a very long horse back ride with my mother.

Happy New Year's Eve! Enjoy and hope it is a stress free and relaxing night!

Kay L. Davies said...

It's hard to stay up until midnight at our house, unless we're watching a very long, very exciting movie on TV. Aren't we just a thrill a minute? Well, the dog feels TV is a bonding-with-her-people experience, so we do it.
Good luck with the book and whatever else the year may bring.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

Lallygagging now thats a word from the past! I can here my Mom saying : STOP YOUR LALLYGAGGING AND GET YOUR NARROW ASS IN THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!!!come to think of it my ass was narrow back then! just saying. BAHAAA lets see what the night might bring open for anything new and exciting! Anyone want to go on a haunted ride around the county?

Country Girl said...

My mother loved mimosa trees! My mother-in-law loves mimosa drinks. (not that she's a big drinker).

I have no plans other than the lollygagging you mentioned. Mine may be combined with a mimosa or two.

Mental P Mama said...

Love these shots! We're going to a party. I wanna stay home in my pink sweatpants. gah.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Anonymous, if you look up the word lollygagging in the dictionary, my picture will be prominently displayed. If there were a way to make money from lollygagging, I'd be a billionaire.

A haunted tour would be a fun way to end this year.

Meg McCormick said...

@Deborah, my husband calls it Amateur Night too!

We're having sort of a progressive party with two other neighbors, but none of us wanted to be the last home where we ring in the new year, so I guess we'll all head home and watch the ball drop on our respective TVs. Or not. Who cares. It'll be low key and low impact and that's just fine with me.

Happy MMXI to you and yours, CBW!

Snowtography said...

Hey there Chesapeake Bay Woman--this is Julie who is sort of your neighbor! My old blog is ask mean mom, just started my photo blog today. Have to have somewhere to put my photos. :)

I enjoy your pix a lot and wish you well on your book!

Julie

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I am the queen of Lollygagging! And I slept through the new year again! Damn I'm good! Love your pics!
Happy New Year CBW!oh and a haunted tour is a great idea. Lets make it happen next year. I'll try to stay awake!
<><