Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow Scenes


Last week it snowed twice here.

This shot of a tree just up the creek from me was taken after Thursday's snow.

I have a love-hate relationship with the locust tree, below, that lives in my back yard.  I love to hate it.

This was taken during the little bit of snow that fell last Monday.


As I write this on Saturday, there is a chance for rain, snow or a mixture depending on who's talking.

The Chesapeake Bay Children and I love snow.  After Thursday's snow fell, they used a ski rope to hitch a boogie board to the back of the John Deere Gator. With Chesapeake Bay Son behind the wheel, Chesapeake Bay Daughter almost flew into a tree and Chesapeake Bay Woman, after letting go at a key "crack the whip"moment ended up sliding  out of control backwards towards her very solid brick house before shifting directions and careening towards her also very solid vehicle.  Luckily Mr. Toad's Wild Ride the board came grinding to a halt in the driveway thereby eliminating the need for the call to the paramedics.  

In short, a good time was had by all.

5 comments:

deborah said...

We still have a few inches of snow here, with icy roads.
What fun to play in the snow! So glad you didn't careen into the house or the car:)
Thanks for the birthday greetings!

Mental P Mama said...

My kingdom for a video of that....

Linda said...

What Mental P Mama said! Although your narrative was pretty good:)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Chesapeake Bay Daughter actually had her i-something handy and DID take a video! I need to see if they were able to get it on You Tube, if so, I'll post the link. However, the video stops right before I took the turn towards the car, which is a shame. Still, the sounds of me screaming are fairly entertaining, at least to us.

No snow today. Not even rain. Sunny and windy.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

David D - Ha! Good one.