1. Monday night I was so excited about Don W.'s Old House Woods guest post that was scheduled to go up the next day. He and I had been trading e-mails for several days, and the last communication that night asked him to let me know if there were any glaring errors after it posted just around midnight. I would make any edits the next morning at 5:30, which is when I get up for work and check e-mail before
2. But, as CBW's
3. At work, I accessed enough internet to discern that (a) the post was up and (b) Don hadn't sent any revisions so (c) I could focus on having my personal technical consultant, Chesapeake Bay Son, diagnose and repair the internet problem while (d) continuing on with life which is stressful enough without unnatural disasters like lack of internet wreaking havoc on one's blood pressure.
4a. When I arrived home from work Tuesday night, CB Son somberly announced, "Houston, we have a problem," at which point I
At Dinner O'Clock I called him in a panic. He very calmly picked up after the first ring. As I was trying to explain who I was, he said in a very soothing voice, "I am reading your Old House Woods post now." Then I tried to explain the shituation happening with the internet, using terms such as "the black thing" or "the flat white thing with two antennas" or best of all when I said "wan connection" and however I said "wan" made CB Son and Daughter crack up into hysterics and who here is still awake?
4b. When Hallieford Jim said he would be over the next morning to fix the problem, I hung up the phone and breathed a huge sigh of
4c. Regardless, I cannot thank Hallieford Jim enough for coming to the rescue--again. If anyone in the Mathews vicinity is interested in high speed internet, please click here and give Jim at Rivah Broadband a call. He'll hook you right up.
5. In other news, I just won a contest over at Averett Lady Nana's blog!
6. The forecast as this is written calls for 100% chance of snow today. I say bring it on.
7. Today's post should have been called "Too Many Things." Having internet access miraculously restored; winning a contest; and waiting on "guaranteed" snow have made me a little giddy.
Now it's your turn to share as many things as you'd like. Whatever is on your mind. Anything at all.