Thursday, July 11, 2013

Three Things










Welcome to Three Thing Thursday, where I share three things, and hopefully you do too. If three is too many things, one is fine. Two is too. Whatever you feel like, whatever you want to do. Before this Dr. Seuss opening paragraph gets any longer--and believe me I could continue on forever-- I'll start.


1. Son and Daughter hopped on a Greyhound bus from Richmond to NYC yesterday, traveling alone to see their grandparents, and everyone is fine including me who has suddenly rediscovered religion in that I've said more prayers in the past 24 hours than my entire life, I think.

2. Saturday, if all goes as it should, I will be transported by boat from Reedville to Smith Island, Maryland (click here for background on this unique destination). I've never been and am very much looking forward to the diversion from worry adventure.

3. All during vacation we ate nothing but fish, no meat. As a rule, I don't go out of my way to eat a ton of meat, but every now and then I get a craving--such as when I've gone a week eating nothing but seafood (and homemade guacamole). This particular craving caused me to Google a chili recipe, which I made with half ground beef and half ground turkey. However, the end result is I now have a huge vat of chili and only me to eat it. Son and Daughter won't be home for a week. I'm not sure what I was thinking, there's no way I'll consume a fraction of what I made. Most normal people would freeze it, but there's nothing normal about me or my life my freezer isn't working properly.

3b. By the way, who the heck craves, cooks and eats chili in the hottest month of the year?

3c.  If what to do with too much chili in the heat and humidity of July with a broken down freezer is my biggest concern, I'd say life is pretty darn crazy good. Great even.


Now it's your turn to share three things. Or two things. Or one and a half.

Whatever you want.

(Want some chili?)





5 comments:

Annie said...

1. Would love some chili..thanks. If only I were a little closer, I'd pop in.

2. Yes, it is hard when the kids fly away on their own. Lucky them.

3. Feeling a little blue, down, some disappointing news re finances. Nothing major, I should be thankful for what I have.

Jamie said...

1. I have the best garden I've ever had which means I have to do something with all that produce. For some reason your chili made me think of that. I don't know why.

2. I am so ready for my vacation in a month. I really really need some R&R and fun.

3. I'm going to have a grandson sometime in the beginning of December. He's going to have to call me Miss Jamie or Your Highness or something because 38 is way to young to be called Grandma

Ann Marie said...

1. I will be there close to dinner time.. should I pick up some cheddar cheese and sour cream for toppings?

2. You can send some to my daddy who will eat just about anything.

3. I will see you tonight!!!!!!

Country Girl said...

I have very little to say other than I feel for you, missing your kids.

With all that chili in the house.

On a hot summer day.

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there with you and Ann Marie tonight! Tell her I said hello and I love you both!

Middle Sis