If it's Thursday--and it seems to be, once again--then it's time to share three things, three thoughts, three of whatever happens to be dancing around the
I'll go first.
1. I think the opening sentence of this blog post is proof enough that I'm exhausted, but not nearly as exhausted as the Mathews High School girls' basketball team, which traveled to Petersburg last night for a tough loss which seals the end of the season for us. Although that particular game was pretty much a whipping, they certainly ended farther along than anyone originally thought based on how the season kicked off. (Not so great.) I'm extremely proud of them all--and their coaches.
2. The boys' team, on the other hand, beat Franklin the other night to advance in regional play. Friday night they play (I think it's Surry?) Surry at Lancaster. Daughter and her friends and I and my friends are all going. (That last sentence is so bad that I'm leaving it just as it is, as proof of how tired I am.)
3. Mathews didn't win the top spot in the coolest small town contest run by Budget Travel (Berlin, Maryland, did), but we made the top five. Click here and here for more. Also, if anyone from Berlin, Maryland, would like to trade houses for a long weekend, please let me know. Mathews is indeed cool, but I sure could use a vacation away from home and wouldn't mind checking out uncharted territory, which Berlin represents.
4. (Because three is just a suggestion.) The house pictured here lives along East River Road somewhere in between Cardinal and Bohannon.
5. (See above.) Today I'm doing a Meals on Wheels route down Haven Beach, filling in for the regular driver. I'm particularly excited because I've never done the Haven route before, so this means new people to meet (and help) and potentially new places to photograph
That's it from me. Now it's your turn to share three or five things. Whatever you want. Anything at all.