Friday, August 29, 2008
The Ice Plant
This is a picture of the old ice plant. My father said he worked there when he was a teenager. I asked him to provide me with some stories, but so far he hasn't, simply because he's forgotten. Speaking of his memory, or lack thereof, my mother wrote an essay on that exact topic which I'll try to post sometime this week or next.
Grandma J. tagged me with another meme. If you're interested, read the hot air below, but if not, please just go to her site and wish her a Happy Birthday since this weekend she celebrated one.
Happy Birthday, Grandma J.
Four places I go to over and over
1. Best Value (smaller independent grocery store which is great for someone who can’t decide – not many choices, but great prices. Produce, especially cantaloupes, tomatoes, corn, etc. can’t be beat because it comes from Deltaville, just across the way. Where way = Piankatank River.)
2. Food Lion (larger chain grocery store)
3. Best Value (rinse and repeat)
4. Food Lion
Four people who e-mail me regularly
1. Baby Sister (who needs to visit more often)
2. Middle Sister (who ought to move closer)
3. The person who caught me trespassing down Shadow the other day. She drove up with a car full of kids. I’ll call her Anonymous Friend because I’m clever like that. She has commented once on this blog about the terrible gas overflow at Get-n-Zip. Her daughters really need to comment. They’re brilliant and beautiful.
4. Flylady.net. I signed up for this crap a while ago and I get a newsletter every day from her. I press delete. I can’t get with her program. I tried. I’m not cut out for it. She means well, but I am domestically disabled.
Four places I would rather be right now
1. The Grand Tetons in Wyoming, in a cabin near Mormon Row, overlooking the most incredible mountain range I’ve ever seen, with a million dollars in the bank and no reason to be anywhere else ever again.
2. Gwynn’s Island for the sunset.
3. In a place where Chesapeake Bay Woman doesn’t have to work her current job for a living, although she is grateful for it, and where she can spend her days taking pictures and writing inane commentary.
4. Grandma J’s compound.
Four TV shows/programs that I watch
Oh, I know it’s more than 4, but the point is I no longer watch TV. I have an internet addiction. (And I could add plenty more to that list above, that’s only the beginning. I try to read everyone who comments, although it is difficult to keep up and comment on every one. I do try, though..)
Four things I have for breakfast
1. Nothing usually.
2. I hate breakfast food.
3. I will eat dinner leftovers before I eat breakfast food. But not before 10 a.m. This is a warm-up before lunch. Layups before the game, if you will.
4. Coffee is a must though. Much coffee. Black. Strong. Flavored is good. Must have coffee. But I will not drink it after 9 a.m. unless that’s when I’m waking up. I'm always up well before 9.
Four animals I like best
2. Donkeys. Don’t ask me why, I can’t explain it. I think they are adorable.
3. Pigs. See above. I always wanted one as a pet. There’s some environmental regulation that bans them from a certain proximity to the water. I’m too close. Can’t have one.
5. Dust bunnies. Might as well like them, I can’t get rid of them. They own half the house.
(Yes, I know, I did 5 again. I have a problem with following instructions.)
Four beaches I've been to
3.Gwynn’s Island /Haven Beach/Bethel Beach – Mathews County Beaches – they are undiscovered and unparalleled. I might be biased, but I can state with conviction you’d be impressed and enamoured if you saw them.
4. Myrtle Beach
I'm now supposed to list 4 people who should do this. The only one I can think of, since she says she's rarely tagged, is tj. If anyone else wants to answer these, please help yourself.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. If I remember, I'll tell you about what we did today, which involved high speeds, rough waters, strange characters, and some blood. Just a little, no big deal. Chesapeake Bay Son inherited his mother's knack for bad luck, accidents, and mishaps. Footage at 11.