Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Evening Post


I shot this from the dock at the Seabreeze last week at about 7:30 or 8-ish in the morning.

Here it is: the Saturday Evening Post. Hardly a magazine, and barely a post, but here nonetheless.

I don't have anything much to say today and seriously contemplated giving myself the full day off, but I really didn't want to break my streak of posting Every Day Since I Don't Know When, so here we are. (Long sentence, anyone?)

Today was the Bobby Stewart 5K race/fun walk down at Williams Wharf. The Chesapeake Bay Children ran and did very well considering Son is 13 and Daughter is 10. Chesapeake Bay Woman opted for having fun on the walk.

It's always nice to see old friends and familiar faces walking and running for a good cause and in memory of such a wonderful person.

Baby Sister is in town, and we (along with CBMother) will peruse the list of potential goose names tomorrow to determine the winner. Thanks to all who participated. The Nameless Goose also thanks you.

From the bottom of his hissing heart.

8 comments:

Daryl said...

I know, it doesnt feel right not to post .. same about reading, right now I could be sitting on the couch with Husband watching one of the zillion programs we record because I cant stay awake past 10 pm (wont I be fun at the Blogfest .. where's Daryl? Oh she went to sleep) .. anyway I decided visiting my friends was more productive .. and its raining so I can do this and still join him ... recorded programs are not going to go bad ...

Mental P Mama said...

Do y'all want to come run my half marathon for me? Thanks.

Unknown said...

That sunrise over the water is beautiful.

Have fun with your sister and mom, and I can't wait to hear the results.

Anonymous said...

a day without a CBW post is like a day without funshine....

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Daryl - You will not be the only person who turns into a pumpkin at 10, I can assure you. Usually I shut down by 9, but for Blog Fest I may have extended hours.

MPM - No!! But good luck and I admire you for participating.

GJ - We did some deliberating this evening and have narrowed it down to about 3 choices, none of which are Sammy Davis, Jr. (Sorry Middle Sis.)

Anonymous - Thank you for making my day.

Annie said...

Love the sunrise photo!

Yes, I agree with anon...a post a day keeps the doctor at bay..or something.

And I am with you guys on the sleep...but since I won't be at blogfest, my snoring shouldn't bother you!

Sorry I am a bit slow around here. I am a bit slow around everywhere at the moment. I think. It must be getting late!

Hope you have had just as much fun over the goose as we have!

Not Moved Mom said...

Love the picture...awesome!

CBW Family-Happy Easter! Enjoy your family time together.

Happy Easter to everyone else as well.

foolery said...

That IS a wonderful photo, as always. And CBW, I have to commend you for posting as consistently, and as consistently WELL, as you do. You are a force to be reckoned with!

I didn't touch the computer until Sunday late afternoon, so I blew my Blog Every Day in April streak. Oh well.