Monday, June 14, 2010

Adorable, Affordable Retreat

Once upon a time, not terribly far from the intersection of these two roads,


there lived a saucy little cow who stood on the cutest little bell


which was attached to the railing of a great weekend getaway,

only a few lots back from some wonderful views of the Chesapeake Bay, which is just beyond these trees.

This is the view as you drive in. Your blood pressure will drop at least ten points as soon as you arrive.

Once upon a time, there was an adorable, affordable vacation retreat for sale. Those seeking to escape the worries and hurries of modern-day life should contemplate this retreat, which couldn't be farther from WalMart Vietnamese fresh spring rolls a gas station the stresses of modern day life.

Particulars:
1995 double-wide
3 bedrooms, 2 baths
1/3 of an acre
Sleeps 5-8
Would make a great vacation rental property
$119,000, furnished.
No, CBW is not a real estate agent.
Yes, she is motivated to help sell it.
Yes, she would help sell it even without the motivation, because she photographed it for other reasons a while back and fell in love with it.
No, the fiddler crabs are not hovering in the roadways yet, though they are on the sidelines.
Yes, it's true you can hear yourself think this far off the grid.
Yes, it's true you can hear your neighbor think this far off the grid.
No, we're really not off the grid, it only feels that way most days.
Yes, the owner has offered her place to Blog Fest guests if it has not sold by July.
Yes, it's an incredibly generous offer.
Yes, I'd buy it if I had the spare money.
No, there is hardly a square inch of grass to cut.
Yes, that's almost exactly why I'd prefer to live there.
Yes, this post is over now.

Contact me at ChesapeakeBayWoman@gmail.com if you have any questions or are interested in this adorable, affordable retreat.

19 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

P.S. Yes, it's on Potato Neck Road and no, I've never seen a neck on a potato but yes, there is a neck called Potato.

Mathews Mark said...

cute house it is with in walking distance to winter harbor public landing.

Occasional Kate said...

I'll take two! The check's in the mail and I'll be there the Monday after a blue moon! :-)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hmmm....I'm thinking.
<><

Mental P Mama said...

Wheels are spinning.....

Meg McCormick said...

Heck, my blood pressure dropped just looking at the picture! I so wish it were a wee bit closer to my home - it'd be a perfect getaway.

Trisha said...

If only I could . . . that road - Potato Neck - is just calling my name!

Daryl said...

Its a sight bigger than Sea Shanty ..

WV genuln .. see this makes it true .. genuln .. the olden way of spelling genuine

Unknown said...

Oh I love it. I'm right there with NNG and MPM!!

big hair envy said...

Do you think the owner would sell me the cow bell? I promise to give it a nice home:)

abb said...

How very nice of her to offer that up!

foolery said...

What a nice thing to do, to offer such outstanding accommodations!

I've been called Potato Neck before.

Mrs F with 4 said...

I have only one word to offer.: VISA, VISA, BLOODY VISA!

OK, that's slightly more than one actual word, but I think you know where I'm going with this.

deborah said...

I love it. Be there is 8 hours.
Oh wait, our van is not well. Make that 3 months and 2 days. I will have to stop for breaks on the uphill climbs.

Meg McCormick said...

Perhaps "potato neck" should be some sort of Blogfest rallying cry, or a code word of some kind?

Jamie said...

I'd love to buy it. I could use a permenant retreat. Potato Neck rd is an awesome name, but Bob's Hole Rd is awesomer.

Jim said...

LOL Jamie. Anyone know about Old House Woods Road ....

Jamie said...

Jim Old House Woods Rd cuts through the infamous Old House Woods... it's haunted. Very creepy

Jim Waggener said...

Old House Woods is a strange place. I was asked to go down there and test the signal for internet access. At the corner of Old House Woods Road and Haven Beach Rd. the signal was very good. As soon as I entered "the woods" it completely vanished. Exiting the woods at the end of the road - signal returned. Strange place indeed.