Once upon a time on the Chesapeake Bay,
some friends got together to say Happy Birthday.
Four boats were involved and all I can say
is Chesapeake Bay Woman got in the right boat that day.
|To say that Alda was perturbed might have been just a slight understatement.|
(Click to enlarge the image. The look on her face speaks
Glenda, Catherine and I listened carefully, nodding at the appropriate times. We dared not utter a word lest we make matters worse. Sometimes a girl just needs to vent
|Then Catherine joined in, and things became extremely lively. Lots and lots of hand gestures, hands on hips, and talking over one another. The conversation is best summarized as follows: "Men! You can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!"|
At one point even the party decorations appeared to be afraid, laughing nervously as they plotted how to escape the wrath on the island of Women Fed Up With Their Men.
|Some even tried to hide.|
|Lisa's husband Craig was smiling too. |
(I don't think he was around when she was airing her brief list of grievances.)
|At just the right time, i.e. after Alda got |
of the frustrations out of her system, her husband Lawrence showed up.
|In the mean time, the children thought it was much more fun to wallow in creek mud than listen to the airing of grievances.|
|Yep. They'll take stinky creek mud over the airing of grievances any day.|
...and I heard them exclaim as we drove out of sight,
"Enjoyed it, y'all!"
and to y'all a good night.
- We were there to celebrate two birthdays: Catherine's and Lisa's.
- Tomorrow I will share a few more pictures from the outing that prove a lot of fun was had in spite of the airing of a few grievances.
- All females who aired grievances were quick to point out they had good men.
- It's just that those same good men can evidently be aggravating at times.
- The exact status of Lawrence and Alda's boat trailer (or any of the rest of Lawrence's stuff) is unknown as of this writing.
- To the best of my knowledge, however, there have been no major fires in the Cobbs Creek area this week.
- In other words, it's all good.