Friday, January 31, 2014

The Dock











Here are a few more snow pictures taken from my dock.











This dock needs some TLC, but in its heyday it was quite the gathering place, especially for my father and his fishing buddies.  And for me and my sisters back when the creek would freeze solid enough to walk on.













Now it's like a museum of memories.  Neither the fish cleaning table 
nor that gill net have been used for decades.













Amazingly, that turquoise bucket filled with gill nets stays put even when storms rage
and the tide comes way over the dock.  It's as if it refuses to budge. It's holding on.






Watch out for that last step, it's a doozy!

















Although I don't get out here often enough, I do enjoy a walk out on this dock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, today is yet another snow day for the teenagers, 
and tonight's basketball game is also postponed.

Instead, the varsity teams will play Saturday night at home against West Point starting at six.

(We beat West Point before, let's hope we do it again.)

I hope your weekend is a good one.








No comments: