Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Workboat





These were taken on an overcast day 










from the public landing at Edwards Creek 








over on the island.








I've shown the workboat before. (Click here).  At the time there was a For Sale sign in the window.

This particular visit I didn't happen to notice it, however I wasn't really looking carefully. My inability to focus has never been a secret, but lately it's grown worse.

There's lots going on and much to report from the Chesapeake Bay Family household, most of which involves my son's upcoming surgery. What we thought was going to be a minimal hospital stay has now turned into a minimum of five days. In Norfolk. 85 miles from home.

All during the first week of school.

So Son and I will be living in a hospital in Norfolk while Daughter starts her first year of high school--without her older brother or mother.  Thank God  my family is able to help out and pay her the attention she deserves. And take care of the lawn, the house, and the pets.

I will miss potentially two weeks (hopefully not more) from work.  Son will be incapacitated for several weeks after coming home.

There are other things going on as well, such as letters from the county saying I need to send proof that I've pumped out my septic tank.  Sure. No problem. Will you take a unicorn instead?

And weeds overtaking the house shoreline. And house.

Thanks for letting me whine. This too shall pass. All will be fine. Just as soon as I can catch me a unicorn.

Carry on.


p.s.  Please feel free to whine in the Comments.  About anything you want.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

X O X O-- I would send you a unicorn if I could just catch one off-guard.
LLC

deborah said...

wish I lived closer so I could help out...I don't envy your stay at the hospital (been there, done that this year) just take lots of reading material and your laptop!
You can whine all you want, we all care:)

Waterman JP said...

I'll take care of the weeds that are taking over the shore line and the house. You take care of yourself and the family. Anything else i can help you with just shout out!

I don't have a thing to whine about,but you can all you want.

Jamie said...

I'd rather wine. Especially since what I have to whine about is minimal compared to what you have to whine about. Thank God for close knit families!

Unknown said...

We will "wine and whine" this weekend. Weeds can be beautiful. I hope your employer is letting you take advantage of the Family and Medical Leave Act. The pumping thing is not that expensive; let me know if you need a name in Mathews.

Anonymous said...

Sending unicorn your way. I told him to look for the house with the amazingly delicious strawberries. Hang in there, and at least you know you're getting everything over with at once.

--Betsy

Daryl said...

i am sure your dad will burn off those shoreline weeds and to whom shall i address the septic tank clean letter, i am quite creative with logos and such on the computer .. la la la la ...

Country Girl said...

My friend, you can live in a hospital for a week. Once you get used to it, it's actually kind of nice. And your daughter will be fine - she really will. Take a notebook so that you can write down everything the doctors say, and ask questions. You are paying them. Take books, and your cell phone charger. And try not to show your fear to your son. It's hard, I know. But you are one of the strongest people I know. You just don't see it yet.

As for here, it's another Hopkins day. Fingers crossed. xo

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Since I am retired I can help out. Just let me know. I am not that far away. And as for the whine...I just like to drink mine!
<><
ps
Gotcha all in my prayers.

Meg McCormick said...

Man, it sounds like you and I are leading parallel lives. Except for the son's surgery part. All we had was a broken arm, thankfully. But yeah, All The Things are breaking at my house, one after the other. It becomes overwhelming and disheartening. Trying to focus on the family and the start of school and etc etc etc.

Deep breaths. Serenity now. And also wine.

Dghawk said...

Wine...er...I mean whine all you want. You are allowed. Better to get it out now than when you are camped out at the hospital with CB Son. With the love and suppport of all of us here on your blog, as well as your close friends and that wonderful family of yours, all will be well.

As for the septic tank thing, I got the same letter from New Kent several years ago. It has to do with the Chesapeake Bay Act and you have to have your tank pumped every 5 years whether it needs it or not.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thank you all, I appreciate your words.

I am amazed to report that when I arrived home today, exhausted, the grass had been cut by my father; the shoreline and weeds around the house had been cut by Waterman JP; and the septic tank issue had been completely addressed thanks to Waterman JP and his local connections.

I am eternally grateful and overwhelmed by the support.

Anonymous said...

Will certainly be thinking of you and your family. It will be a stressful time for you all. Isn't it nice to have family and friends?What a surprise to find when you got home!
Trinia

Dghawk said...

See! Things are looking up. All will be well. It might be a little bit of a bumpy ride, but you will be fine.