Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunrise at Aarons Beach




















































































These were taken at sunrise from Aarons Beach last week after I dropped off Daughter at cross country practice, which started at six thirty.

Six thirty, and sunrise, were only three hours later than when I went to sleep Sunday morning after my mini class reunion aboard the Spirit of Norfolk Saturday night.  Although we all were nervous about the late (to us anyway) start time of Midnight Thirty, we used toothpicks to prop our eyelids open used the aerobic activity known as dancing to help keep the blood flowing to ensure nobody nodded off.

Our friend Lucy (click here for a post with our picture) did an excellent job organizing the event, which wasn't without its obstacles, and we've vowed to plan regular activities to force us out of our stale normal routines which almost never include dancing on a boat in downtown Norfolk from 12:00 - 2:30 a.m.

How was your weekend?


4 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful sunrise photos, and I'm so glad you posted them. I am seldom awake at sunrise, unless the dog wants to go outside. I snooze in my recliner, waiting until she wants in, then I go back to bed and sleep for several more hours.
K

Jamie said...

I had the idea of waking up early to drive over to Aaron's Beach and take sunrise photos this past week. It didn't happen. There's always Labor Day weekend I guess. Great shots!

Daryl said...

that makes it worth being up before the sun

Dghawk said...

All I can say is....WOW! Breathtaking. I don't know which I like best, the Queen's Creek shots or Aaron's Beach. I can't remember the last time I've seen the sun rise over water. Been a while. And here you've had both sunrises AND sunsets.