Sunday, November 1, 2009

Silent Sunday



Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many;
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens

Most true happiness comes from one's inner life, from the disposition of the mind and soul.
Admittedly, a good inner life is difficult to achieve, especially in these trying times.
It takes reflection and contemplation and self-discipline.
William Shirer


I can't believe it's November already. Tomorrow it's Christmas and the next day it's July 4th. Can we slow this ride down just a tad? I'm getting dizzy.
-Chesapeake Bay Woman

12 comments:

Annie said...

the older you get , the faster it goes! enjoy the ride!

Happy Weekend!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I have found that "laughing ALOT" keeps me from getting dizzy!
<><

Mrs F with 4 said...

Child number Three is FOUR years old today.... there are wings on the feet of time.

Before you ask, they are now 2, 4, 5, 8.... no wonder I'm lost in time!

Daryl said...

And between NOW and July is a visit to NYC .. and planning for "BlogFest 2: Laughing A Lot"

WONK-EEEEEEE

Country Girl said...

I agree with the visit to NYC. We need to find a place to stay overnight. Wouldn't that be too much fun!!

Karen Deborah said...

More power to he engines MR.SCOTT!
how bout warp speed? Least wise that's how it feels to me.

Mental P Mama said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

big hair envy said...

Self discipline? Is that a requirement? I'm not familiar with that term.

NYC? Now THAT'S a necessity... Snow White has a birthday in February, as does Daryl. Why don't we discuss it at OF?

Sorry that WPHS had to whip up on MHS last Friday night. Hope Bud had better luck with his campaigning;)

Meg McCormick said...

I have whiplash over the warp-speed of the passage of time lately. Holy hannah.

maria from nj said...

Warp speed it is and no breaks available. November begins with xmas displays in full glory. What happened to turkey day?
Veri-word is 'grinn', which isn't easy to do when life is spinning out of control!

foolery said...

Close your eyes and it's like bed spins. Which I also hated.

abb said...

And I'll always be older than you, so my time goes by even faster, because the older you get, the faster it goes. And that scares the hell out of me...POOH!