Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blue


Recently I drove down to Bethel Beach late in the afternoon.

Normally when I drive somewhere specifically to take pictures, it's in the morning.

(I'd like to change the word "normally" above to "usually."  Nothing in my life should be confused with normal.)



Very rarely do I come down to these beaches so late in the day, which may be why I don't remember ever seeing the sky here this blue.

If you're here in the morning, sunlight is taking up most of this empty blue space.



With the sun behind you, a whole new world opens up.

Throughout this week as time permits I'll share more photos from this little journey.

For now I must return to working on the book and tackling the dirty clothes pile known as Mt. Laundrest, which has grown so large it's blocking out all daylight in the 23076 zip code.

I sincerely hope your day is relaxing and laundry-free.

10 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Time to train the CB Rugrats on the finer points of the washing machine!

Country Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Country Girl said...

My days are always laundry free because my husband does it for me. Unfortunately, I have to hide some things from him because he often washes darks with a white towel.

PS - When each of my sons entered grade 6, I taught them how to use the washer & dryer. I told them it was a rite of passage (or some such bs). The older one believed me. But they did their own laundry from then on. (And that was me that hit delete. I can't spell sometimes!)

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful blue skies. Just gorgeous.
And yes, why do you have to do all the laundry yourself?
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

deborah said...

It is time..if your son can learn to drive, he can also learn to operate the washing machine:) My boys started doing their own laundry when they started 7th grade..at first I just sorted the stuff into piles the right size for the washer (one of my friend's sons used a broom handle to make sure everything fit into the washer at once when he first learned, she had to replace the washer) and they still do their own laundry.
Beautiful beach and sky!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

They know how to do laundry. They weren't here this weekend.

maria_nj said...

CBW I was going to tell you not to let everybody lay the quilt trip on you for doing all the laundry. Being of the Italian decent, I am still the mama and I do all the laundry for the whole family...still.

When I was in the hospital last year for 8 days with ehrlichiosis from a tick bite, I was sick as a dog, and the kids were calling me up telling me they had no towels. They did get a lesson over the phone, but it didn't last. i do it all. actually i really don't mind, the hint is to not let it get backed up, I usually do a load a day.

Today i had to be at work at 6am. Got up at 4 and in the shower and out the door by 5:15. Got home and took a little nap, so that I can watch the Oscars tonight.

made a mac and cheese for dinner, it might be done. Everybody have a wonderful night.

TTFN

ps, beuoooootiful sky...

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Maria - Sounds like your day was far from relaxing. Hope you are able to unwind and enjoy the Oscars tonight.

maria_nj said...

right back atcha!

Meg McCormick said...

Oh, I feel you about the laundry, girl. Sadly, my laundry pile is not one of the things the mitigation folks will take care of in our home's post-fire rehab...