Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reflections

Haven Beach and the bay. 2/4/11

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),
It's always our self we find in the sea.
~e.e. cummings

Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us 
so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments 
or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers 
like the homesick refugees of a long war.
~Loren Eiseley

Why do we love the sea? 
It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
~Robert Henri

It's Super Bowl Sunday.
The Chesapeake Bay Family will be having a seafood fiesta.
Pass the Old Bay.
Ole.
~Chesapeake Bay Woman


How will you spend the day?

7 comments:

Ann Marie said...

sleeping now off?
yea that sounds like a plan.

WV mophor tomorrow I shall mophor into a couch potato.

Ann Marie said...

or couch poe tay toe if you don't say it like I do. Patata that looks more like what I say.

deborah said...

The quotes are perfect, we just watched 'The Bucket List'.
Enjoy your feast! I'm going to the annual Super Bowl Sunday Sale at my local quilt store - making my list and checking it twice:))

Passing the big can of Old Bay!

Mrs F with 4 said...

Skiing with the children! We had yet another (unexpected) foot of snow overnight, so it's going to be GREAT!

Country Girl said...

Doing laundry. The sun is out! I know it doesn't sound too exciting, but the sun hasn't been out for awhile and we use it to dry our clothes.

What? There's a football game on?

Maria_NJ said...

""Voyage upon life's sea, To yourself be true, And, whatever your lot may be, Paddle your own canoe""
Author: Sarah Bolton

Hello there CBW and the other fellow bloggers...
Your day sounds lovely, what time should I be there? LOL
For me it is a work day...but I am off tomorrow YaY!!
See don't ya feel sorry for me?
Have a wonderful day with family...Maria_NJ

"I hope you always have a shell in your pocket...and sand in your shoes."

foolery said...

Eating, yelling, grousing, celebrating, eating some more.

It was grand. Go Aaron.