Monday, February 11, 2013

Merroir





Saturday afternoon  my friend BHE and I went to Merroir for lunch.









Although chilly, it was otherwise a beautiful sunny day.









One thing I like about this place other than the food and the location is they've outfitted their porch area so you can sit out there and not freeze to death.  Plastic and heaters are involved. 









I love the outdoors but hate being cold.  One reason is because I have Raynaud's (click here to find out about it).  Even in the summer time something as simple as handling frozen food or just being in an air conditioned environment can trigger an episode. My fingers go numb and turn all sorts of strange colors.

I mean strange.











But none of this has anything to do with Merroir, whose porch was delightfully warm even on this cold day.





























Although the specialty of the house is oysters, I had shrimp and grits and BHE had a crab cake that was a work of art.

It was a great way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Now it's Monday.  Back to work.

I'd much rather be sitting on the porch at Merroir.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

--you are so persuasive, cbw....now I too want to be on the toasty warm porch at Merroir. I also have a tough time with the cold, (feeling sheepish because I know so many who are toughing out blizzards, ice road truckin' and nasty stuff like hoarfrost). California is changing so much, cost-of-living- wise/ failed- school-wise and state gov't.-wise, I am trying to imagine moving my family north to saner environs of the Puget Sound area, where my elder son has moved his family. (Retirement here is not working out so well.) Yet I find myself researching climate maps for WA State; brrr--hoping to find zones where spring & summer temps can climb to above mid-60's.
Truly can't complain, knowing that humid and sticky summer weather won't typically be a factor there.
LLC

Anonymous said...

Look's like fishing party dead-rise's tied up to the dock,all though I don't recognize any of the names. Rainy Monday morning you should pull the covers over your head and have sweet dreams or at my age dream about all the one's that got away LOL. Anyway not a good day for work!!

Daryl said...

i am jealous .. you got to spend time with BHE ...

deborah said...

A splendid view, looks like you had beautiful weather for your luncheon with BHE
Take care and have a great week!

Tracey said...

Ahhhhh....sounds so nice. I could use a crabcake and some quality time with a friend right about now. I too love the outdoors but hate being cold! :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

What's with this chilly weather today? I thought the news said it would be in the upper 50s this afternoon. Boy, I want to be the weatherman. Never have to be right and you still get paid. Betsy

Dghawk said...

What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Your pictures are beautiful, as always. I spent my day catching up (or trying to) on chores I have been procrastinating about.