Monday, February 25, 2013

Osprey Nest





Here are several shots of an osprey's nest near the public landing at Whites Creek







































We interrupt this post which appears to be about an osprey nest to bring you something entirely unrelated.  We are now shifting gears and changing topics.

My weekend consisted of a stop in Yorktown Friday on my way home from work; dinner with an out-of-town friend at Merroir Saturday evening (the grilled scallops are sensational); and a NASCAR party with some friends from high school Sunday afternoon.

NASCAR party?  Chesapeake Bay Woman and NASCAR are not usually found in the same state much less the same sentence.  However, as with the Super Bowl party I attended, I was not there for the event on the TV, I was there for the free comedy act.  (Also the food.)

The usual suspects, Alda and Catherine, were there, but Catherine also brought her two sisters who are equally animated and lively when it comes to conversation.  When I came home last evening, I was absolutely exhausted from all the laughing.

If someone could please point me in the direction of a reality TV producer, I would sincerely appreciate it.  In the mean time, I need my son to teach me how to use our old video camera for the next time that cast of characters gets together. Those spontaneous, unrehearsed, and absolutely hilarious comedy routines cannot be believed unless they're witnessed firsthand.

Anyway, it was a great weekend.  I hope yours was too.

Welcome to the last week of February.

(Thank goodness.)


5 comments:

deborah said...

I seemed to have napped most of the weekend away :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - hoping you have a wonderful week, too!

Daryl said...

i will miss february ... its a sweet month ... we must get you into the present century where smart phones have little video cameras which even i can use .. i know someone who writes for a reality show .. seriously ...

Leigh said...

We enjoyed meeting you and the out of town friend Saturday evening at Merrior.

Meg McCormick said...

SERIOUSLY... only 3 more days until my least favorite month is but a speck in my rear-view mirror.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Leigh - good meeting you too.