Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday



This is a picture I took about a week or so ago on my way to a soccer tournament in a neighboring county. It's an old gas station, and there's a beautiful old house and another storage building in back of it. The day I took this was the same day I met Big Hair Envy, who doesn't live too terribly far away.

I am writing this on Halloween Friday to be posted on Saturday. Let me make a few predictions and statements about the next 24 hours:

1. If Chesapeake Bay Woman survives trick or treating with her children, she will then proceed to a costume party at Sandpiper Reef Restaurant. By the way, the effort, logistics and stamina required to accomplish these tasks alone are staggering. Sounds easy, but it's about as easy as quantum physics.

2. If Chesapeake Bay Woman survives the party, she might get four hours of sleep.

3. By the way, Chesapeake Bay Woman really needs about 9 hours of sleep per night to function properly. (Where properly = just well enough to avoid being committed to Eastern State Hospital. Also, 4 hours of sleep after a party at Sandpiper Reef equates to only 45 minutes of regular sleep. And Chesapeake Bay Woman on 45 minutes of sleep? Well, at that juncture I am required to slap a warning label on my forehead which says, "Out of Order. Please do not establish eye contact or make any sudden moves. Turn and run-do not walk-to the nearest exit.)

4. If Chesapeake Bay Woman drinks enough coffee (approximately 2 carafes), she might be able to get her daughter ready for a Marathon Soccer Tournament starting at the crack of dawn on Saturday. Naturally this soccer marathon has to be an away tournament, so driving will be required. (Hello. Have you met Chesapeake Bay Woman operating heavy machinery and/or driving after trick or treating, a costume party with high school friends and way too little sleep? Nice to meet you. Please do not drive on any highways in Mathews, Gloucester or Middlesex for the next 24-48 hours. This is for your own safety. Thank you.)

5. If Chesapeake Bay Woman survives the 5 games of soccer without being mistaken for dead and hauled to Foster-Faulkner Funeral Home, she will then have to fix supper for her starving children.

Hi. My name is Chesapeake Bay Woman and I am very interested in a break from my normal life and lots and lots of uninterrupted sleep.

Just preferably not in Eastern State Hospital.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I've said it before, and I'll say it again...two little words:

The Compound

Have a great time at the party, and the soccer marathon. FYI there aren't any wild parties here..just a forewarning.

tj said...

...Hi CBW! So, does this mean that tomorrow's post will feature a photo of your costume and you livin' it up at the Halloween party? Hmmmmm? ;o)

...Hope the party was fun and that the soccer marathon brings home a win and that your head gets to hit your pillow earlier than expected...lol...

...Have a great weekend!

...Blessings... :o)

Karen Deborah said...

relate relate, so why do I keep waking up on saturday morning before 6am? when you go to the home I'll join you we'll have a good time.

Anonymous said...

I know that gas station!! Thanks for the shout-out.

Can't wait to hear about the She-Devil's evening at the Sandpiper:) Sorry we weren't able to join you - As of today, I am officially a hunting widow.

I will heed your warning, and will avoid all roads in the five surrounding counties today. It's probably best - I have exactly 324 loads of laundry to finish by sundown. Wish me luck.

Mental P Mama said...

Well?

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

What a night and what a day.

The party was fantastic but the morning came way too soon as did the marathon soccer match, which we almost won and would have if they had gone into overtime rather than do a shoot out (is it shoot out? shoot up? shooting match? shoot the breeze?). Regardless, it was brutal.

And I can't stop to rest even now...Chesapeake Bay Son is at a party and I have to retrieve him AND his friend at 9 p.m. and friend is spending the night. Thirteen-year-old boys just love to stay up late, and the bedroom is just over mine, so I am not counting on any sleep tonight. Or ever for that matter.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday and a fun Halloween. Now let's brace to be flung head first into the Christmas season.

Did I mention I am tired?

foolery said...

COSTUME

PHOTO

COSTUME

PHOTO

COSTUME

PHOTO