Monday, October 14, 2013

Stormy Weather











These are pictures of my yard and dock during what has been the longest spell of dark, dreary, rainy, windy weather we've had in quite a while.














During this time, I've also been out of work due to the government shutdown.















At first, it was OK. 

The dreary weather combined with no place to be forced me to focus on things that needed 
doing, like cleaning out a few closets, organizing my desk, getting caught up on paperwork, etc.   














Now I'm entering week three of no work and week ten thousand two of gloomy rain.









































I'm ready to leave the county country.

Bora Bora is sounding particularly wonderful, although I still don't have a passport.

There's not much else to report from here.  

Dreary, boring days filled with inactivity is about it.

They say we may see the sun by the middle of the week.

I'm not sure when I'll be going back to work.

I hope things are better in your neck of the woods.

They'll be better here too, at some point.

A little sunshine would really help.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for that silver lining... at least the fall leaves will be spectacular after all this rain. But leaves, schmeaves, I'm with you--time for some sun! If you're going to have this unasked for time off the least the weather can do is be glorious. Betsy

Unknown said...

You're not alone, it's damp, windy, rainy and dreary here in Texas too. Difference is I don't have your spectacular vistas, but plenty of humidity.

Just stay in your jammies and watch movies.

Meg McCormick said...

A little sunshine WOULD really help, wouldn't it? I'm right there with ya, except that where you have a flooded dock, I have three high-mileage, gas-guzzling SUVs that are in various states of disrepair. Serenity now.

Country Girl said...

Wow. I can't believe how high your water is! Hoping for some sunny skies to arrive soon. Gloomy weather always gets me down. No wait, that's rainy days and Mondays.

Daryl said...

well this wouldnt be the time to go get a passport .. we were supposed to get rain this past weekend but instead we got lots of strong cold wind, weird clouds and sporadic sunshine ... i hope you are back to work soon ... tho those asshats in congress seem intent on making us suffer while they play lets be jerks

Dghawk said...

Sorry you still aren't working. But on the bright side, I saw the sun today. In fact it's shining right now and hopefully it is up your way too.