In spite of all outward appearances, this blog
After many months of
As of this moment in time, my scans have all come back clear of Hodgkins lymphoma, and if all goes well/clear for the next two years, I am pretty much good to go--at least on the lymphoma front. One of the unintentional benefits of doing so many scans is you discover things you didn't know you had, such as an ascending aortic aneurysm. For now, nobody seems to be concerned about that, so I'm pretending like I don't need to be either. I've definitely sharpened my denial skills in the past year, that's for sure.
In addition, I gained weight and lost hair, sadly. But I can work on losing the weight and finding the hair. Actually, it doesn't sound very good to find hair, so let's say that the hair will grow back instead. There. Better.
Although I've been away from this blog for a while, lots has happened. For example:
- In the spring of this year, this
deadblog turned ten years old!
- My son graduated from UVA and is now living in Costa Rica working for Global Leadership Adventures as a camp counselor of sorts.
- My second child completed the second year of architecture school at UVA with good grades.
- My father, although weak, is back to cutting grass and chopping wood and conducting perimeter checks of Waverly Lane on his golf cart. All good.
- My mother, not without some health scares of her own, has had good test results lately.
- I am back to work four days a week but squeezed in an End of Chemo Celebration Trip to Moab, Utah, with my blog friend Lauren. We went on a jet boat tour of the Colorado River, went on a slickrock jeep tour, ziplined, and toured Arches National Park as well as Dead Horse State Park. I highly recommend a trip to Moab for an unforgettable experience.
My intention is to return to blogging somewhat regularly, but it all hinges on my home internet working properly. My internet is free of charge thanks to a deal my parents worked out with a local provider who put a tower behind their barn. It's been spotty service at best here lately. But assuming I have time to take pictures and my internet is up and running I hope to get back into a routine of some sort here on this crusty old blog.
In the meantime, thank you for reading.