Friday, January 6, 2012

Public Landing





























This public landing down at Onemo/Winter Harbor is one I frequently visit on my way to Bethel Beach,

A quick Google search on the landing brought up this (which lists all the county's public landings under Community Facilities); as well as an interesting 2004 Washington Post article that gives an overview of Mathews County, with a few references to Winter Harbor.

Click here for the full blown article.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

deborah said...

Such a picturesque boat! The article is very interesting and gives a lot of insight into your area. Now they need to update it and include "the home of a famous published author".
Happy Friday! Enjoy the basketball game!

Anonymous said...

needing to hibernate(just for the night), I have to postpone reading the article, but do want to say I wish I could land on that landing ! Your photos are lovely.
LLC

Jamie said...

I haven't been to Public Landing... One of the things I want to do is get a kayak and hit some of the trails.

Daryl said...

If we're talking BlogFest photo ops, this needs to be one .. have a great weekend .. xo

AverettLadyNana said...

Thanks...brought back some Fond Memories...

Maria_NJ said...

something is wrong with my puter...

but I think it is OK now...

I hope your first week back at work wasn't to ruff...mine was treacherous! But I survived!

Someday I would like to have long lazy days at the beach, wait I can do that now, if I had more time and didn't have to spend my 2 days off doing household stuff...some day for sure...

nice photos...