Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow Scenes




These are some random shots from last Saturday night's snowfall.






Last Saturday night's snowfall was gone by about midday Sunday.

More or less.



Yes. That is a fake animal tail hanging from the red mailbox.



Depending on who you listen to, we might be getting more snow this Sunday night.







Or we might not.






It all depends.






We'll see.







You never can tell.


Anything's possible.



*******



Since I could go on and on dreaming up different ways to say the same thing, 
which is we might get some snow, I'll stop now.  

Personally, I'm hoping for lots. 

I love snow.

It brings a certain brightness to winter
and gives you permission.

Permission to stay indoors.

Permission to seek out comfort food.

Permission to stay put and not go anywhere.

Snow covers up all the drabness and dreary lack of life underneath.

Are you a snow fan?

Or would you rather have a root canal?
People usually have very strong opinions one way or the other.
There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on snow, or not much anyway.

6 comments:

deborah said...

Beautiful photos - especially the fence shadow! We were supposed to get a lot of snow, but it passed on by us. I don't mind snow as long as it doesn't pile up and stay for a long time.
We are home again, thank goodness!
Now for the husband to begin to feel better and start healing-
Wishing you a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

A snow fan, CBW ? A light dusting of snow to cover things with that refreshing brightness, yes---caving in roofs or piling up 10 ft. high-- NON .

XXXXXXXX LOVE the photo of the fence shadows planting x kisses on the snowy ground.

< groan> time to do battle with WV

LLC (to deborah--so glad your husband is home and getting better)

Jamie said...

I like snow, but after this mild winter where I've been able to go hiking nearly every single weekend- well, I don't want any. And that was one of the most atrociously put together sentences ever in the history of man.

Ann Marie said...

depends... sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it lol

Dghawk said...

I love snow! It was almost fun going out at 5:00 this morning to sweep the app. 4" of snow off the truck so I could go to work. All white, all silent, all peaceful.

BTW, what's up with the new WV? "Please prove your not a robot...Type the two words" ???

Meg McCormick said...

I'm a snow fan. But it's been a disappointing winter as far as that goes! Supposed to be in the 60s later this week. Guess I'll have to schedule a pedicure...