Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Perched





























































I don't have much to say today.  

I am sort of perched myself, waiting for the frenzy of the next few 
days that will entail preparing for this weekend's guests.

I'm sort of hoping if I wait long enough the magical elves 
will do everything for me--including cleaning the upstairs guest rooms.

But right now I am sort of perched like these seagulls.
Waiting.

More importantly, my heart is heavy for a 
dear blog friend who lost her husband.
My thoughts right now are with her and her family.











5 comments:

deborah said...

A heavy heart here
my thoughts and prayers go out to her

Annie said...

Oh, gosh, I am so glad you told us. Prayers for them all. And you all too.

Daryl said...

its a blessing he went peacefully in his sleep ...

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, my dear, I'm so sorry you have to be preparing for an invasion of guests when you have a heartful of sorrow for a friend.
Your perching photos are perfect.
Prayers and hugs,
K

Anonymous said...

It has been beyond moving to read Kate's blogs recently and see the beautiful photos she has taken outside her home of the birds..and her dog George. I know that those brief moments of solace in creativity kept her going, as she cared for her husband...but it always brought me to tears. I hope she can let in the love and support from around the world that has poured in. So sorry for her family and his. The gift within a loved one's departure is realizing the value of life and to live, on their behalf, while finding comfort in their release. You can lift glasses and toast Kate's family with love this weekend and I will too. XO
LLC