Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Scenes from Bethel Beach













Last Sunday morning, I went for a six-mile run that began and ended at Bethel Beach.















The weather was just about as perfect as it could be for running.













Although the sun was out, the temperatures were cool. 














There was a slight--but not overpowering--breeze.




























Baby Sis and I are signed up for the Outer Banks half-marathon again in November. This year I'm struggling with some issues I will attribute to being Almost 50.  These issues amount to minor aches and pains which bother me the first few miles of a run but which ease up afterwards--only to haunt and taunt me again the next day as I get out of bed.  Aggravations, basically.  Nuisances.

At work recently, someone informed me that issues weren't really issues but opportunities for greatness.

I rather like that switch and will make a concerted effort to train my thoughts in that direction whenever I feel like complaining about my age-related issues aches pains plantar fasciitis probably also arthritis opportunities for greatness.






.


3 comments:

growing wild on waverly lane said...

Good for you! I have walked 3.2 miles for the last two days, but will miss today for appointments. I have those same issues. I am ignoring them until they stop me in my tracks. Weather is great for this.

Anonymous said...

It is so good to know that I have been blessed with so many Opportunities for Greatness...they say that life is all about how challenges are perceived, right ? (Now, where is the heating pad?)
LLC

Daryl said...

such a glorious day and photos to prove it … notice i am ignoring this new path to enlightenment