Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow. Still.



































This marks Day One Thousand and Eleventy Two of not feeling well and it's too cold and my new car wasn't meant for snow and why is it only 56 degrees inside my house when the thermostat is set to 68 and the heat pump hasn't turned off for two weeks and how much will my electric bill be and how will I ever feel good enough to run again and how much work is piled up when I finally go back today and how many days until I can retire and will I make it that long?  All that and then some.

Sunday the temperatures finally broke and things started to thaw out but not enough to really make a difference.  At least not to me.  I still have too much snow on my deck and too much snow in my driveway and not enough energy to do anything about any of it.

Regardless, I will drag myself into work today and pretend to be enthusiastic and full of pep even if all I want to do is pull the covers over my head and sleep until April.

I hope all is well in your world.

Is it April yet?





4 comments:

Meg @ Soup Is Not A Finger Food said...

No it is NOT April. We had an inexplicable 2 hour school delay today. As if all of us have that kind of flexibility. Ugh. Hope you can be kind to yourself this week, maybe try and sit still during the evenings? Maybe??

Bob Braxton said...

In Atlanta - possibly (April).

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon if at all possible ! Go to Bora Bora in your fertile imagination...dream of sun and sand....
LLC

growing wild on waverly lane said...

Better yet, get sand from Home Depot and fill a plastic pan; put your feet in pan, close eyes and dream of Bora Bora. My summer getaway will be this in the front yard (by the creek).